Whether you are looking to downsize your home or need some extra space for your company, choosing the right self-storage provider is an important decision. Your belongings have a personal value that exceeds what they cost and you deserve to have the peace of mind that they are safe and secure.
For companies and organizations, keeping items or documents in a storage facility not only helps reduce clutter in the office but is also a safe and reliable option. It is also a great place to keep items that are not always in use but are needed occasionally such as seasonal supplies. Individuals who are looking for a place to keep valuables, collectibles or other keepsakes can find that a self-storage unit is the right fit, both for their belongings and their budget.
The best investment you can make is to select a company that has been in the business for a long time and has demonstrated a commitment to security and customer service. The more professional a company is, the more you can trust that they are a reputable operator of self-storage facilities.
Reasons to Use a Reputable Self Storage Company
People find themselves in need of self-storage options for a variety of reasons. These can include reducing clutter at home or in the office, safety or security concerns, space needs or moving requirements. Keeping an office or home space clean can become difficult if you have things that you’re not ready to throw out, but do get in the way of your day-to-day activity. A self-storage space helps you reduce the number of items that are kept in your home without having to say goodbye to it all.
A self-storage unit is also a good place to put away possessions that may pose a risk to those in your home, particularly young children. Items like electric tools and ladders can be safely secured with a storage company. This can also be an option for storing seasonal items that you would normally keep in your shed or garage. Because security is often high at storage companies, you don’t need to worry that your possessions will be stolen. Keeping your belongings in a self-storage unit is a safer option than your garage or shed, where they may be more accessible to thieves.
In the same way, bigger items that take up a lot of space can be stored away at a self-storage unit until they are needed. This can include vintage cars, boats, canoes or kayaks, and more. By keeping your bigger items in a self-storage location you can enjoy the extra space around your home and yard without having to worry about security.
For those who are moving or downsizing, a self-storage unit is an ideal place to keep belongings during the transition. Packing up a home can be daunting, but starting early and first moving things you don’t need on a daily basis can help smooth the process. Your possessions can also stay in the storage unit as long as you want. There is no rush to move it all into your new home as most self-storage companies provide a range of unit sizes that fit every budget.
Whatever you need to store away either for a short time or a long time will be secure if you select the right storage company. By choosing a storage provider that has a long history in the industry and has demonstrated a dedication to customer service and security, you can rest assured that your belongings are in the right location.
What to Look for in a Storage Company
There are several things to look for when searching for a self-storage company. They include:
- Reputation - A storage company that has a good reputation among customers and the general public. This is usually a sign that the business has been around for a while and can be trusted with your possessions.
- Professionalism - A company that is concerned with its public reputation is one that takes its work seriously.
- Security - One of the most important features a storage company should have is an up-to-date security system, CCTV, and personnel patrolling around the property.
- Customer Service - As with any industry, good customer service is important, but even more so when you are leaving your belongings in their care.
- Property - Look for a property that is clean, has good lighting, emergency electric power, excellent security, great customer service and care, etc., and a variety of storage options in case your needs change.
- Insurance options - Self-storage companies that have insurance packages to protect your items give you extra peace of mind over your possessions.
- Extras - Some storage companies, like ours, offer a variety of moving and packing products to help you make the transition. This demonstrates a commitment to customer care that you can trust.
No matter what your needs are, when it comes to self-storage you need to find a reputable company. It is recommended that you do some research before you decide on a storage company. Visit the facility to see how clean it is (cleanliness is often the best sign of an operator that takes its customers’ needs seriously). Look for one that has a history of providing great security and customer service to clients. Storage providers who are dedicated to keeping their security systems up-to-date are those who genuinely care about your belongings so you can have peace of mind that your possessions are in a secure environment.
Also, consider a company that provides extras like insurance options, moving and packing supplies and various sizes of units. Having more options makes the process easier on you, especially if you are not sure how your needs will change. The best way to ensure the safety and security of your storage unit is to pick a reputable self-storage provider.
For more information about self-storage options, call Abacus Self Storage at 289-807-1033 or contact us here.