How to Pick the Right Size Storage Unit
So you’ve come to the conclusion that you need a self-storage unit. However, how do you make sure that you pick the right size of storage unit? The last thing you want to happen when you’re moving your stuff into your commercial self-storage unit is to find out that it’s not big enough.
Fortunately, there are several methods you can use before you move your items into your self-storage unit to make sure you’ve picked the correct size.
These are our top suggestions for helping you pick the correctly-sized storage unit:
- Determine what you are going to store.
- Create an inventory list of all the items for storage.
- Think about how you will store the items within your storage unit, and how often you’ll need to access them.
- Look at descriptions of the storage unit sizes on the storage facilities’ websites.
- If you have any further questions, call Abacus Self Storage.
At Abacus Self Storage, we have commercial self-storage units in a variety of sizes from as small as a closet to as big as an extended garage! So, if you’re looking for commercial self-storage in Richmond Hill, we’ve definitely got a storage unit that will work for you.
Determine What You’re Going to Store
The first thing to do when determining how big a commercial self-storage unit you’re going to need is to decide precisely what you’re going to store in it.
Suppose you’re planning on storing important documents and other items such as electronics that need to be kept safely. In that case, you’ll need to account for extra space required for bins to help protect those documents and items.
If you’re planning on storing items like office furniture, you may not need to account for additional protection, but you must think about how it will all fit in the self-storage unit appropriately.
Create a List of Everything You’re Going to Store
Your next step should be to make a list of everything you’re going to store in your commercial self-storage unit. Follow these steps to make a list:
- Look around your current space and write down everything you want to put in storage.
- Take a break, and then come back and review your list. Did you miss anything? If so, add it to your list!
- Then, double-check the list to make sure everything is on it. After that, measure the larger items and note their measurements on your list.
Following these steps should help ensure you don’t forget about any items you want to put into storage!
Determine How to Store Items and How Often You Will Access Them
Now that you’ve decided what you’re going to put into your commercial self-storage unit, you need to figure out how you want to store your items and how often you’ll need to access them.
If you’re planning on only storing office furniture that you won’t need to access until you’re ready to take it out of storage, then you can plan on packing your unit as fully as possible.
However, if you’re planning on storing essential documents to which you may need occasional access, leave extra space in your commercial self-storage unit room so you can easily find those documents.
What if you’re planning on storing a mixture of items, some that you won’t need for a while and some that you’ll need frequently? In that case, you should place the “long-term” items underneath or behind the “short-term” things.
Planning out how you’ll store your items before you go to put them in your commercial self-storage unit will save you a lot of time and hassle!
Review Descriptions of Storage Unit Sizes
The final step to help determine the correct size storage unit is to review the descriptions of unit sizes that storage facilities should have on their websites.
A storage facility should provide the following information on their website about their storage units:
- Their size (e.g., 10 feet by 10 feet).
- Their height (e.g., 9 feet).
- What the storage unit is similar to (e.g., a large bedroom).
- What could fit in the storage unit (e.g., furniture from 2 bedrooms).
All of this information can help you determine which commercial self-storage unit is suitable for you!
How Can Abacus Self Storage Help Me With Commercial Self-Storage?
At our convenient location in Richmond Hill we’ve got a wide variety of commercial self-storage units for you to choose from . Whether you need something small for a few months to store important documents or something larger for several months to store office furniture, we’ve got a storage unit that’ll work for you!
In addition to offering a wide variety of storage unit sizes, we also have:
- Extraordinary security measures, including regularly performed security checks
- An extensive camera surveillance system.
- Units that are temperature-controlled.
- Unit contents insurance
- Packing and Moving supplies.
- Clean units
- Advice on which storage unit will best suit your needs!
Now That You Know How to Pick the Right Size Storage Unit, Contact Us About Commercial Self-Storage in Richmond Hill!
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018