4 Tips for Decluttering Your Home
As we finally head into spring, you may be thinking about spring cleaning. One great way to make sure your house looks tidier and more spacious is to do some decluttering. Whether you’re just putting everything back in its proper place or getting rid of piles of stuff, you’ll feel much better about your home once you’ve done some decluttering.
We’ve got some great tips on how to declutter your home effectively:
- Decide how you want to approach decluttering.
- Determine what you want to do with all your extra items.
- Appropriately label and put away all things you decide to keep.
- Look into renting a Richmond Hill storage unit.
And when you’re done decluttering, you may find that you have items you want to keep but don’t have room for in your house. At Abacus Self Storage, we can help you with our Richmond Hill storage units.
1. Decide how you want to approach decluttering
There are two ways you can approach decluttering. You can either declutter one room at a time or try to declutter your whole house all at once.
Decluttering one room at a time is certainly easier than decluttering your whole house. If you are crunched for time, it may be easier to do one room a day or even every other day than do your entire home. The drawback is that you may lose motivation with the decluttering process if you break it up into doing one room at a time.
With decluttering your whole house, you can dedicate a day to it, but you may end up feeling overwhelmed trying to get it all done at once.
The best approach is the one that works for you! Before getting started, make sure you have somewhere to put all the items you’re planning to get rid of or store, such as clear bags or bins.
2. Determine what you want to do with all your extra items
Once you’ve finished all your decluttering, now you have to figure out what to do with all the items you’ve cleaned up. You’ve got three main options:
- Throw things out or recycle them. If you have papers, magazines, and other items you don’t want anymore that can be recycled, toss them in your recycling bin. If they aren’t good enough to give away and can’t be recycled, then put them in the garbage.
- Give items away. You can donate items to a thrift store or see if you have any family members or friends who want them.
- Store them. If you have things that you want to keep but just don’t have room for them right now, then you should consider renting a Richmond Hill storage unit. A Richmond Hill storage unit can keep your extra items safe and well-protected until you need them!
3. Label and properly store your items
Once you’ve gone through your house and cleaned up all the items you either want to get rid of, donate, or store, it’s time to figure out the best way to store them.
For items you may need frequently, it’s best to store them in your house if you have room. Start with items that already have a designated space. For example, put books on bookshelves, put towels and sheets in your linen closet, and put your outdoor gear in your garage.
For items you want to keep but don’t need regularly, it’s best to put them in bins that can be labeled and easily stored. Bins offer more protection than cardboard boxes, and if you select clear ones, you can easily see what’s in them without having to open them up!
4. Look into renting a Richmond Hill storage unit
So what do you do if you just don’t have enough space in your house to store everything? That’s when it’s time to look into a Richmond Hill storage unit. Before contacting any Richmond Hill storage unit locations, think about:
- How long you’ll want to rent a Richmond Hill storage unit.
- How big a storage unit you’ll need.
- What features are important to you in a Richmond Hill storage unit – such as temperature control and security.
Why should I pick Abacus Self Storage if I need a Richmond Hill storage unit?
At Abacus Self Storage, we can help you find the perfect Richmond Hill storage unit. We offer all of the following:
- A variety of storage unit sizes. So whether you need to store a few boxes or several pieces of furniture, we’ve got a Richmond Hill storage unit for you!
- Excellent security, including a keypad entrance, extensive exterior and interior camera surveillance, and attentive staff that perform regular checks.
- Temperature control in all of our units.
- A variety of storage supplies, including boxes and packing tape.
When you rent a Richmond Hill storage unit from Abacus Self Storage, you can have peace of mind that your belongings will be well-protected but easily accessible anytime you need to access them.
Now You Know How to Declutter Your Home Effectively
We hope you’ve enjoyed our tips on decluttering your home. Now you know how to make your home look clutter-free:
- Decide if you want to declutter your house one room at a time or all at once.
- Determine the best thing to do with all your items – whether that’s to throw them out or recycle them, donate them, or store them.
- Be sure to put items in a designated spot if you have one (e.g. bookshelves or linen closet) or store them in labeled bins.
- Rent a Richmond Hill storage unit.
When you rent a Richmond Hill storage unit from Abacus Self Storage, you can select from a wide variety of storage unit sizes. Your belongings will be safe in our temperature-controlled Richmond Hill storage units.
Contact Us to Learn More About Richmond Hill Storage Units
Reach out to us if you’d like to learn more about our Richmond Hill storage units. Our experienced staff will be happy to answer any questions you have! Call Abacus Self-Storage at 287-807-1033 or contact us online for more tips to help declutter your home.
- October 2023
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018