4 Tips to Follow When Storing Clothing
In Canada, we have four seasons that each require different types of clothing. Thus, you need to have more than one kind of jacket, several types of footwear, and don’t forget about accessories—everything from hats to gloves!
Depending on the size of your home, it can be challenging to find room to store all of your off-season clothing. A storage unit in Richmond Hill is one option for storing clothing that you may not have considered.
In this article, we’ve got some great tips on how to store your clothing in Richmond Hill storage units properly, including the following:
- Have suitable containers to store your clothing correctly.
- Prepare your clothing before storage.
- Rent a temperature-controlled storage unit.
At Abacus Self Storage, our storage units are temperature-controlled and easy to access!
1. Have suitable containers to store Your clothing correctly
When preparing to store your clothing in a Richmond Hill storage unit, you can’t just throw your clothes into any boxes you have lying around your house and consider yourself all set. Instead, it’s essential to make sure you have the right storage supplies for your clothing such as:
- Plastic storage containers. These are an excellent option for storing clothing. They seal well and can protect your clothes from getting dusty or wet. If you can find clear ones, you can identify what’s inside them without opening your bins!
- Wardrobe boxes. These are boxes specifically designed to store clothing on hangers. Wardrobe boxes are heavy-duty and very easy to pack and unpack.
- Garment bags. If you have one-of-a-kind clothing that you want to provide extra protection for, consider buying a garment bag to put it in.
At Abacus Self Storage, we sell a variety of moving and storage supplies, including wardrobe boxes.
2. Prepare your clothing before storage
Another thing you need to do before storing your clothes in Richmond Hill storage units is to prepare them properly.
- Wash all of your clothing before placing them in storage. Washing your clothes ensures you’re not putting them into storage with any stains or odours that will just get worse over time.
- Sort your clothing correctly. You need to separate them into two types: items that will be folded, and items that should be hung. Clothes like sweaters, T-shirts, and denim pants can be folded; items like blouses, blazers, and dresses should be hung up.
Both steps will help ensure that your clothes stay fresh and don’t get too wrinkled while in storage units.
3. Rent a climate-controlled storage unit
When looking into Richmond Hill storage units suitable for your clothing, make sure you pick a place that offers temperature-controlled units.
With a temperature-controlled storage unit, you’re providing your clothes with the best environment to be stored appropriately. This way, whether you come to get your winter coat when snow arrives or your swimwear in a heatwave, your clothes will be all ready to go!
4. Rent storage units from Abacus Self Storage
If you’re looking to rent Richmond Hill storage units, then you’ve come to the right place! At Abacus Self Storage, our storage units offer you so many great features such as:
- Easy access from Yonge Street, Highway 7, Bayview Avenue, or 16th Avenue.
- A large variety of sizes to choose from! So, whether you need a small storage unit to store your off-season wardrobe or a large one to keep all your family’s clothes because you’re moving or travelling, we’ve got something for you!
- Clean and temperature-controlled self-storage units that ensure your clothes don’t get dirty or musty while in storage.
- Excellent security, including onsite staff and extensive security cameras.
As well, we are open year-round! So, if it’s Christmas morning and you suddenly realize that your Santa hat is in your storage unit, it’s okay. You’ll be able to access it quickly. We also sell a wide variety of moving and storage supplies. Thus, if you need something special (like a wardrobe box) to store your clothing in, we can help.
It’s Easy to Store Your Clothing Properly in Richmond Hill Storage Units
If you need to store some clothing you’re not using, then a great place to do it is in a storage unit. All you have to do is make sure the clothes you want to store are clean, find the appropriate way to store them (such as plastic containers or wardrobe boxes), and then pick a temperature-controlled storage unit.
At Abacus Self Storage, we can help you with steps 2 and 3. We sell wardrobe boxes that come all set up for you to hang your clothes. As well, we offer clean and temperature-controlled storage units in various sizes to suit your needs!
Don’t let your house overflow with clothing that you’re not using right now. Instead, rent a Richmond Hill storage unit and free up some space!
Contact Us to Learn More
We’re here for all of your storage unit needs in Richmond Hill! Not sure what size of storage unit you’ll need? Our friendly staff can help you. Give us a call at 289-807-1033, or contact us online to get started!
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018