How to Save Money by Using a Smaller Storage Unit
So you’ve decided you need a storage unit near Markham, but you don’t want to pay too much for your unit. One way to save money on your storage unit is to rent as small a unit as possible.
We’ve got some great tips to help you make the most of a smaller storage unit:
- Decide what you need to store.
- Pack your items in storage bins.
- Plan out how you’re going to store your items in your storage unit.
You should also find out if you’re eligible for any discounts! And when you’re ready to look for a storage unit near Markham, we can help you at Abacus Self Storage. Our reasonably priced and climate-controlled storage units are located conveniently near Markham.
Decide What You Really Need to Store
Don’t just throw every single thing you don’t have room for into storage. To cut down on the amount of storage space you need to rent, it’s important to sort your extra belongings into three categories:
- Items to get rid of. These items can either be recycled (like old magazines) or things that should go in the garbage because they are broken, ripped or stained.
- You may have toys and clothes that your children have outgrown or supplies for a hobby that you didn’t get into. There are lots of organizations and thrift stores looking for donations.
- Items to store. If you have bulky items that will take up most of your storage unit near Markham, try to find a space in your home for them or ask if a friend or family member can store them. You’ll get the most “bang for your buck” by storing items that are compact and easy to transport in your storage unit.
Pack Your Items in Storage Bins
Once you’ve decided which items genuinely need to go into storage, now it’s time to find the best way to store them. Storage bins are a great way to store your belongs for a variety of reasons:
- They are durable and tough, and you can pack a lot in them.
- They are designed to be stacked on top of each other so that you can fit a lot of them into a small space.
- They are hard plastic, which protects against moisture and rodents. (Make sure you ask about pest and rodent control and other pest control measures taken by the storage unit owners.)
When looking at storage units near Markham, get an idea of the sizes available, and then determine how many storage bins you could fit in them.
Plan Out How You’re Going to Store Your Items in Your Storage Unit
Another way to make the most of a small storage unit near Markham is to figure out in advance how you’re going to store your items in it. As mentioned previously, try to find a temporary home for bulky items so you don’t use up your entire storage unit on one or two things.
Then, before you try to move items in, figure out the best way to make the most of the space you’re renting. Talk to the staff at the storage rental place – they may have great tips on how you can make the most of your storage unit!
Find Out If You’re Eligible for Any Discounts
Another great way to save money when renting a storage space is to find out if you’re eligible for any discounts. Ask each storage facility that you contact if they offer a discount to new storage unit users, and if so, what you have to do to qualify for that discount.
As well, if you are a member of any association, such as CAA, you may be eligible for discounts on storage units near Markham. Ask the staff what kind of associations they offer discounts to – you could find yourself saving a lot of money!
Why should I rent a storage unit near Markham from Abacus Self Storage?
If you’re looking to rent a storage unit near Markham, there are many good reasons you should rent from Abacus Self Storage. At Abacus Self Storage, we offer all of the following:
- A convenient location. We are located near Yonge Street and 16th Avenue in Richmond Hill, and easy to get to from Markham and Toronto and North York!
- A large variety of storage unit sizes. While we’ve got some great tips to ensure you can rent as small a storage unit as possible, we understand that sometimes you just need a bigger space!
- Extended access hours. You can access your storage unit all day or evening, and we’re open 365 days a year!
- Top-notch security. We have several different security measures in place at Abacus Self Storage, including interior and exterior surveillance cameras, attentive staff that perform regular checks, and monitored intrusion alarms.
- Clean and well-lit units. We pride ourselves on offering clean, LED-lit corridors and temperature-controlled storage units.
We also offer free advice on what unit will best suit your needs and free wooden pallets to store your items off the ground.
Now You Know Some Great Ways to Save on Your Storage Unit Near Markham
Before selecting a storage unit near Markham, follow our great tips for saving money! Our top four tips are:
- Only store items that you really need to keep. You can save on space by going through all the items you don’t need right now and deciding what you can pitch, donate, and finally, what you need to store.
- Pack all of the items you want to store in storage bins. Storage bins offer so many benefits! They are durable, easy to stack and provide protection against moisture and rodents. (Make sure you ask about pest and rodent control and other pest control measures taken by the storage unit owners.)
- Determine the best way to store everything in your storage unit. At Abacus Self Storage, we can give you tips on the best storage unit size for you and how to make the most of it!
- Ask if you qualify for any discounts on your storage unit near Markham.
Contact Us About Storage Units Near Markham
Call Abacus Self Storage at 289-807-1033 or contact us online to learn more about renting a storage unit.
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018