3 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Self-Storage Unit
Regardless of why you’re renting a storage unit, you want to ensure you use the space efficiently and appropriately. This helps you maximize the use of your space – while minimizing the amount you spend on storage.
Continue reading to learn more about getting the most out of your self-storage unit.
1. Pack your items so they’re well-protected
One way to get the most out of your self-storage unit is to pack all of your items appropriately so they are protected:
- Wrap anything fragile in bubble wrap or packaging paper.
- Use dryer sheets to help repel bugs like moths and spiders and keep your items smelling fresh.
- Vacuum-seal your clothes to help save space.
- Buy specialized boxes for items such as mirrors and lamps.
It may seem time-consuming to pack your items properly, but your future self will thank you when the time comes to take them out of your Abacus Self Storage storage unit.
2. Label all of the containers you will store
One of the best ways to avoid trying to figure out what’s in your storage unit is to make sure you label all the containers you’re going to store. Here are two ways to ensure you can easily find items in your unit:
- Label all of the containers you’ve got in your storage unit. That means either writing a description on the outside of the boxes (e.g., “Books” or “Kitchenware”) or on a label and attaching it to the boxes or containers you’re using.
- Make a list of all the items you will keep there, and have one copy at home and one in your storage unit. This way, you can quickly know exactly what you’ve kept there.
3. Appropriately store your items
It may be tempting to cram as many items as possible into your storage unit, but that can be a recipe for disaster. Here are the best ways to ensure you store items appropriately:
- Once you know the size of the storage unit you want to rent, measure the items you want to place there to ensure they’ll fit.
- Plan out how you’ll place the larger items you want to store in the unit. For example, furniture and containers filled with heavy items (like hardcover books) should be stored at floor level in your unit.
- Place containers with lighter items (like clothing) on top of heavy items.
- If you expect to access an item frequently, place it near the front of your storage unit.
Also consider placing a shelving unit in your storage unit to make the most of your space!
How can Abacus Self Storage help me if I’m looking for a storage unit?
Has your house or apartment been feeling a bit cluttered lately? If so, you may want to consider renting a self-storage unit from Abacus Self Storage.
There are many good reasons to rent a storage unit from Abacus Self Storage, including the following:
- We’re located in Richmond Hill, near HWY 7 and HWY 407 and near Yonge street, making us just a short hop from Markham if you’re looking for a storage unit.
- We have storage units in various sizes. So, whether you’re looking just to store some seasonal items over the winter or need to place furniture into storage while you renovate, we’ve got a unit that will work for you.
- We sell a variety of moving and storage supplies, so you don’t have to run all over the GTA looking for them. Instead, you can come to us to determine the size of the storage unit you want to rent, and then pick up all your supplies (everything from boxes to bubble wrap) while you’re here.
- You can rest easy knowing that your belongings are well-protected in our storage units. We have temperature controlled storage units and offer several excellent security features, including on-site staff and extensive interior and exterior camera surveillance.
Good Planning Is Essential
The best way to make good use of your storage unit is with proper planning. Planning out where you’ll place items in your unit and how you’ll pack and label them will save you both time and hassle.
At Abacus Self Storage, you can rest easy knowing that your belongings are well-protected in our climate-controlled storage units. We have numerous features in place to ensure we offer top-notch security for our units, including regular security checks, monitored intrusion alarms, and electronic security gates.
Contact Us to Learn More
If you are looking for storage units in Markham, then look no further than Abacus Self Storage. We offer a free consultation to help you determine what size of storage unit will work best for you. Call us at 289-807-1033 or contact us online to get started today!
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018